Hi all! here are three of the GI that I’m going to put near the V-100 diorama.
All three are from the Bravo6 range, they are very nice, beautiful sculpture but the casting is not as good as I hope.
As you can look One GI is covering, as the V-100, and the other one is rescuing the injured one.
Now I need to paint them!!!! At first I studied some colour photos taken from the net and from some books. Here are some photos from wikipedia commons:
On this website: Vietnam war uniforms & equipments you can find a lot of references!!!
Then I made some tryouts with more and more colours (enamels and acrylics) and this was the result:
I thinked that the best one was Humbrol 86 until I found the beautiful Andrea NAC 06…. it’s the colour I needed !!!!!
So this is the palette I’m using for:
B: NAC06+ a dot of MC922 + a dot of Italeri 9734AP
O: B+Italeri 9734AP
3O: 2O+Vallejo Carrista Aleman black 7033.
…. and this is the first result:
The flak vest has a more brownish tone, so to paint it I started form a mixture of: Vc893+Vc889 in a 7:4 ratio.
Here is the flak vest almost finished:
It’s all for today, stay tuned.